WHERE ARE VOS PRODUCTS HANDCRAFTED?
- We currently handcraft our products in the suburbs of Guatemala City, specifically in an area called San José Pinula.
HOW DOES VOS ADHERE TO ENVIRONMENTAL AND HUMAN RIGHTS STANDARDS?
- We do not outsource our handcrafting supply chain but instead employ our own VOS® artisans in-house which we call The Soul Crew. We operate under sound labor conditions, pay fair wages, follow local labor standards and source environmental friendly raw materials when applicable.
ARE VOS PRODUCTS FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED?
- We have chosen to align our operation with the United Nations Global Compact which is an internationally respected entity that works with business to transform our world, aiming to create a sustainable and inclusive global economy that delivers lasting benefits to all people, communities and markets. Learn more here.
WHAT IS THE AFFORD TO CARE SOCIAL INITIATIVE?
- Afford To Care™ is an enterprise model that helps others in need with every product or service purchased in a sustainable and ethical manner. Through your purchases, VOS® helps provide sustainable jobs to people in need that comprise of the sustainable supply chain, initially commencing in Guatemala, which ethically make the products available to you on the website and in the international marketplace.
WHY IS THE AFFORD TO CARE INITIATIVE FOCUSED ON GUATEMALA INITIALLY?
- Guatemala is the country where we have initially sourced the sustainable raw materials and the ethical handcrafting that produces the VOS® products offered on the website and in the international marketplace. We value the importance of giving back to the under developed communities at the source of the global supply chain. We believe that caring for our counterparts is an initial step towards a better today and tomorrow.
IS VOS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION?
- VOS® is a brand of DeFlores International, which is a for-profit limited liability company with social awareness at its core and who is aligned with the United Nations Global Compact. With the Afford To Care social initiative, VOS® allows our valued customers to become responsible and humanitarian global citizens, which enables us to build a sustainable business.
HOW DO I INQUIRE ABOUT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT VOS?
- We are not currently hiring but VOS® is always looking for avid individuals that are hard working. If you share our vision of making a responsible difference in our beautiful world and you hold yourself to the highest of professional standards, we’ll be interested in hearing from you.
- Please email your resume with an appropriate cover letter to: [email protected]
- Be sure to include your particular interest or experience as the subject line as Intern inquiries are also readily accepted.
- We receive a significant volume of resumes and are only able to contact candidates when and if an adequate opportunity becomes available that meets their background and interest. In the interim, we appreciate your understanding and patience.